Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I have an idea

The problem with ideas usually comes when we share them with others. Well, I decided to share mine. I am toying with the idea of running a marathon. Now, that may cause most people who know me to laugh, and for good reason. But I am really toying with this idea. I have begun to look at some training programs for those of us who don't run. I ran (get it "ran") across one titled, "From coach potatoe to 5k". I certainly fit the coach/chair/floor potatoe catagory. Anyway, there is my idea.

Now I actually have to begin working on it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!!!! The Portland Marathon is a great first marathon and there is plenty of time to start training. Hey, if you ever need a running partner let me know!

Autumn

Dean said...

I will have to work up to having you as a running partner. like i said, i was reading an article titled, from couch potatoe to 5k. i am still in the coach potatoe stage.

Anonymous said...

HEY! I think Autumn's giving up on me as a running partner! hmmm... I wonder if I should be reading into this. Dean, Autumn and I start Feb. 1st on our training. You are more than welcome to join us (or should I ask Autumn first?) I only have a 12K as my goal (Bloomsday - really fun). Autumn's a little bit of a psycho on the running thing.

beth