Thursday, January 18, 2007

Honeymoon

Well, it is official. The ministry honeymoon is now over. After the last month or so I am walking around feeling a bit punch drunk. Won't go into all of it, I have just come to realize that the honeymoon is over. Sometimes ministry can be hard I am learning. Sometimes people can be hard. Guess I always knew this, just never thought I would see it in the church as much.

There really is so much that I want to say, but most of it stems from hurt and I would end up saying stuff that I shouldn't. Anyway, I still love ministry, I still love people. I have just learned a little more about both.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, I and others that know you are confident that you are exactly where you are supposed to be. Ministry is hard and youth ministry is even harder, mainly because you have the kids AND the parents in the mix. God can and will use us when things are hard. You are loved and respected. Peace be with you.

Aaron

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing that we are not to find favor in "man's" eyes but in God's. Dean, I KNOW that you are finding favor in God's eyes. Keep the faith and wallow in His Goodness.

beth ann

(This is only my second time ever looking on your blog thingy - I really don't even know what this site is - must be a God thing)

Dean said...

Beth and Aaron,

You guys are awesome. Thank you for your encouragement. I love ya both.

dean