Tuesday, August 21, 2007

This past week

This past week has been a trying week for me. I have been excited, frustrated, sad, angry, confused, enlightened, and so much more. I have learned much about those around me and much about myself. Some good and bad in both cases.

Mostly I am being forced to ask myself some very difficult questions. What am I a part of? What is God calling me to? What is the purpose of the church? Is it fulfilling that purpose? Am I? Where is God leading our youth ministry? What steps do I need to take to fulfill that? Am I willing to take those steps? What is God doing in Baker City? Those are just a few of the questions. I wish I could say that I have come up with some answers.

I really have been feeling that something is going to explode in Baker, something good. Not just in Baker, but everywhere. I am just speaking of what I am noticing here. I really feel like we are on the brink of something. I am not exactly sure what that is, I just have the distinct impression that it is coming and that I want and need to be a part of it. I just don't know what that looks like right now. That is the frustrating and scary part.

Great! More waiting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patience is a tough thing especially when you want to 'do' something. Thanks again Dean for helping bring Tony to Baker--it was pretty sweet!

Autumn

Dean said...

It was my pleasure to bring Tony to Baker. I learned much from what he brought and through the aftermath.